The Original Pinterest: Designing a Vision Board for Your Dream Home


Happy day number I-can’t-even-begin-to-count of quarantine. I never would have dreamed I’d live in a time of a global pandemic, but here we all are. Due to Covid-19, the end of my second (and final) year of graduate school looked a bit different. But it’s over, I’m done, and I’m very ready for the next chapter of my life to begin!

Which is what brings us to our post today!

Now that the graduate school dust is settling and I’m preparing to walk back into the classroom as a teacher, I’m finding myself very ready to buy a home and settle down. I’ve heard so many people over the years talk about “vision boards” and the importance of them and what they can do to help keep a person on track for manifesting their dreams. So...with the downtime I’ve had in quarantine, I decided to make a vision board of all the things I would love to see in my future home. Below I share the process I took, the magazines I used, the supplies you’ll need, and the final outcome.

What You'll Need:
  1. Favorite home decor and organization magazines (I used Southern Living, The Cottage Journal, Cottages & Bungalows, Southern Style at Home, and the IKEA Catalog)
  2. Poster board
  3. Scissors
  4. A Glue Stick
  5. A small baggy (only if you plan to do this project over time and will need to store your magazine clippings)
  6. Your favorite paint swatch colors
  7. A large work space (my kitchen table was perfect!)
  8. Your favorite cocktail (my drink of choice for this project was a classic Rum & Coke)

The Process:
  1. Flip through your magazines and mark any pages that have pictures of items, design features, or colors/patterns/textures that make you "ooh" "aah" or spark happiness.
  2. Go back through the magazines and see if those pictures still make you "ooh" "ahh" or spark happiness. If they do, cut them out!
  3. Set up your workspace by laying your poster board flat on your table or work surface. Be sure to have your glue stick close by!
  4. Begin creating a collage of your clippings and paint swatches on your poster board. You will want to try various arrangements before you begin the gluing process.
  5. When you are happy with your collage, glue those photos down! You will want to smooth the photos out from the center of the clipping to the outer edges as you glue to avoid wrinkles or bubbles appearing.
  6. Allow time for your poster board to sit and the glue to dry.
  7. Place your vision board somewhere you can see it and en"vision" all the beautiful things you plan to do to your future home!


This project was a lot of fun and allowed for a time of creativity while in quarantine. Seeing the finished product really does excite me and I love having all the elements I hope to have in my future home all in one place. This vision board is like a pre-planned design that I have ready to go for when I am able to start bringing my dream home to life.

The only downfall to this project is that I am more antsy to find and purchase a house so I can make all these collage pieces a 3-D reality!

Please comment below with some of your "must haves" for your future homes. If you create your own vision board, please share photos of them in the comments below as well! I would love for others and myself to see and be inspired by all the beautiful elements you hope to have (or already have!) in your dream home someday.

Be sure to Subscribe to this blog for future updates and posts and follow me on Pinterest (@tipsytroubadour) and Instagram (@tuckerk15)!

*Cheers*

Comments